1. Gracelette NYC | "The red and turquoise strings represent the courage and strength that resides within all of us." A portion of the proceeds of these beautiful and delicate bracelets goes to helping the homeless.
2. Fashion. Love, Africa | These hand knitted bags are truly made with love, they are woven by the female residents living in the garbage slum of Nakuru, Kenya. Each bag is purchased directly from the women who constructed it, allowing her a consistent source of income.
3. Hand in Hand Soap | Not only are these soaps eco-friendly & vegan but the best part is that for every bar of soap purchased, hand in hand will donate a bar to save a child's life! Each year over 5 million people die of diseases cause by poor water quality and lack of proper hygiene.
4. David Babaii for Wildaid | These hair products are created with a blend of exotic natural and renewable ingredients. They also support the beauty in nature by donating 10% of all profits to the global wildlife conservation organization in order to help save our endangered animals.
5. Feed | The Feed Foundation has been around since 2006 and they have amazed me with all they have accomplished since then. Their mission is to create good products that help feed the world.
6. Warby Parker | This eye wear company was created because unfortunately millions of people around the world don't have access to proper vision care. When you buy a pair, they give a pair to someone in need.
One of my many missions in life is to be able to give back in any way I can. Which is why it makes me happy to see that more brands are starting to build their entire business model on the concept of giving back. Of course most of us have heard of Toms and their selfless idea of giving a pair of shoes to a child in need, but I wanted to dig deeper and find what other brands were doing the same. Sadly, there are not many but the companies I did find are doing something truly inspiring. Check them out.